Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Scotty Dog - sewing pattern

Scotty Dog

After my first son was born, I felt some kind of maternal sewing compulsion. I wanted to make him soft toys but I wasn't satisfied with patterns I was finding online. I decided to sit down with my pencil and design my first 3D soft toy. I figured every boy should have a dog (despite him later adopting a cat rag doll as his most favorite thing in the world) and I wanted it to have interesting dimension. I wanted to be able to make it with fun cotton fabric prints, and I wanted it to be simple enough to reproduce efficiently to maybe sell later. Whether you spell it Scotty or Scottie, you can't argue that he's adorable.

Even though Scotty was born nearly 6 years ago, he hasn't lost any of his charm. More Scotties have been born into this world since then. Wouldn't you like to have one of your own?

The sewing pattern for Scotty can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment